T5T: 4 of the Best Growth Hacking Experiments to Try in 2017
My Top 5 Takeaways (T5T) from Hubspot’s article, 4 of the Best Growth Hacking Experiments to Try in 2017 are:
1. The basics of growth hacking are to know your current marketing metrics, perform constant experiments to see how to make large growth (10X+ rather than incremental improvement) and then share the results with your team
2. The key is to make these experiments additive in nature: test an email subject line and use the winning format across all your emails; test the email design template and use the winning format across all campaigns; keep stacking up the best converting item.
3. Small changes can have BIG impact – InsightSquared found that removing just one “optional” field from a form it improved customer conversion by 112%!
4. Add value that also adds adoption – HubSpot increased client certification rates by 18% by adding progress meters to their email newsletter; this meter showed each client their overall progress and achievement, while simultaneously encouraging them to seek more certifications.
5. Experimentation can be as simple as a shift in mindset – create a hypothesis and test it; even the smallest and simplest changes can have unexpectedly large results.